- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- There are currently no external queuing systems in place.
- All buildings now have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, corridors and outside studios.
- There are restrictions on the number of people allowed into service areas at any one time i.e. toilets.
- A one way system has been introduced to assist with social distancing.
- Signage has been introduced to assist with the one way system.
- Wash your hand signs have been placed throughout.
- Protective screens are now in place at the main reception and the library.
- The lifts are limited to one person only.
- Some urinals and cubicles in the toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Shower cubicles in the new building have been restricted to two people only.
- Staff are located at the main entrance to ensure people sign the track and trace sheets and remind everyone of the one way system.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Wimbledon College of Arts - Plaster Casting and Metal Workshops.
- The metal workshop and plaster casting workshops are two adjacent similar spaces.
- They are located off the courtyard to the left of the Reception Building, between the New Studio Building and the Sculture Studios.
- For students there is no internal link between the two workshops.
- There is no internal connection between the workshops and the other college buildings.
- The workshops are approximately 60m from the Blue Badge parking bays.
- For the campus opening times please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in London.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Wimbledon / Wimbledon Chase.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- Note that Wimbledon station is accessible, with lifts/ slopes to platforms.
- Wimbledon Chase station has access by steps only.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the Main Entrance Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 490cm (11ft 12in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The gate to the car park is normally closed and needs to be unlocked by security staff as required.
- There are on-street pay and display parking bays in the road outside the venue.
Outside Access (Workshop Entrances)
- This information is for the entrance located between the courtyard and the workshops. The separate entrances are identical.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 96cm (3ft 2in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in the adjacent New Studio Building.
- The nearest standard toilets are in the adjacent New Studio Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- All the Wimbledon College buildings are fitted with the Deaf Message Service to give emergency evacuation text message warnings.
- Details are available from reception.