Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the grounds include a.
- Related link Wimbledon New Building.
- Related link Wimbledon Reception.
- The sculpture studios are located to the left of the Reception Building.
- There is no internal link between the studios and the Reception Building.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are approximately 50m from the sculpture studios.
- For the campus opening times please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in London.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Wimbledon / Wimbledon Chase.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- Note that Wimbledon station is accessible, with lifts/ slopes to platforms.
- Wimbledon Chase station has access by steps only.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the Main Entrance Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 490cm (11ft 12in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The gate to the car park is normally closed and needs to be unlocked by security staff as required.
- There are on-street pay and display parking bays in the road outside the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the left of the building, from the courtyard in front of the New Studio Building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the New Studio Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are in the New Studio Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- All the Wimbledon College buildings are fitted with the Deaf Message Service to give emergency evacuation text message warnings.
- Details are available from reception.