COVID-19 Information (University of Westminster)
- Related link 35 Marylebone Road.
- The Refectory is located on the ground floor of the Marylebone Building, at the rear of the foyer area, ahead from the main entrance.
- In addition to the Refectory counter, there is a Costa Coffee outlet and a separate 'Grab and Go' takeaway counter.
- The three services have different opening times.
- The Costa Coffee remains open during vacations but on reduced hours or 08.00 - 17.00 on weekdays.
Opening Times (Refectory - Term Time Only)
- Monday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Costa - Term Time Hours)
- Monday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 20:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 15:30.
- Sunday Closed.
Opening Times (Grab and Go - Term Time Only)
- Monday 08:30 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Marylebone campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Marylebone.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Baker Street.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located below the main building, on level P1(B1).
- The car park type is underground.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the staff entrance to level P1 (B1).
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the staff entrance to level P1 (B1).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The entrance to the car park is from Luxborough Street, to the east of the building.
- Security staff control the barrier at the entrance to the car park.
- There are a very small number of standard parking bays. These are generally used for deliveries or tradespeople needing to bring equipment to site.
- There is no on site standard parking for students or visitors.
- Marylebone Road is a very busy red route where stopping is not permitted.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
Second set of doors
- The automatic doors are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- There are two automatic doors available at this entrance, with manual revolving doors between them.
- The height of the push pad on entry or exit is 80cm as shown in photographs 4 and 5.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance as you face it.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 5 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking (Refectory)
- The following information is for the refectory.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Photographs 1, 2 and 3 show the main refectory.
- Photograph 2 shows the hot food service counter.
- There is a separate Costa counter to the left of it.
- Photographs 4 and 5 show the 'Grab and Go takeaway outlet on the opposite side of the refectory, facing the Luxborough Building entrance.
- This serves hot drinks, pastries and other snacks to takeaway.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilets are on the ground floor of the Marylebone Building, near lift C or on the ground floor of the Luxborough Building, to the right of the library entrance.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are on the ground floor of the Marylebone Building, near lift C or on the ground floor of the Luxborough Building, to the right of the library entrance.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.