COVID-19 Information (University of Worcester)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- The University has enforced a ‘4 C’s’ approach to Covid-19 which is based around minimising crowds and close contact, while taking extra measures in confined spaces and extending the cleaning programme.
- There have been no access/exit changes to buildings.
- Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities have been installed in every building and outdoor area around the campus. Some of which are accessible for wheelchair users.
- All campus buildings have a keep left policy.
- Keep-left signs and floor markings have been introduced along with signage to guide people around the campuses and buildings.
- There are new design layouts in classrooms and facilities to support collaborative learning in a safer environment, this includes laboratories and specialist facilities such as our Clinical Skills Suites.
- Courses are timetabled in line with social distancing guidelines, so there will be fewer students in rooms than usual. The University has done this by making full use of the teaching day, including scheduling classes in the late afternoon and evening.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Accessible or shared toilets are single occupancy with locks.
- Additional outdoor seating areas have been created, which can be used for informal learning and socialising.
- There is an enhanced cleaning programme in place around campus, including a greater frequency of cleaning in commonly used areas in buildings, such as toilets.
- Students are required to wear a face covering when indoors. This covers all enclosed indoor class settings, including lectures, seminars, workshops and practical sessions.
- Lateral Flow Tests have been introduced at this campus to help stop the spread of Covid-19. With these tests the University is able to identify those people who are infected but not displaying any symptoms.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are no marked out accessible or standard bays.
Access from Car Park to Pavilion
- Access from the car park is via an uneven path leading to a set of medium steps followed by an easy ramp as shown in pictures 1, 3 and 4.
- Alternative access was available via an uneven easy slope as shown in picture 2.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 5 step(s) to the area / service.
- The step(s) is / are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Standard Changing Room
- There are standard changing rooms available.
- The standard changing rooms are located both sides of the building.
- The standard changing room is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the standard changing rooms.
- The changing rooms are unisex depending on the event or sport taking place.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the right as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- From the pavilion the pitches are accessed by unsurfaced paths.
- Theses paths have varying gradients.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.