- The accommodation is temporary accommodation for short term visitors or new staff. There are no onsite staff.
- Barrington House is approximately 250m from the Severn Gate entrance to the University, 600m from the main reception.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 1500cm x 280cm (49ft 3in x 9ft 2in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located immediately outside Barrington House.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The bell is at a height of 110cm.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The card reader/lock is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is easy.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Room D.
- The accessible facilities are located on the Ground Floor.
- There is not level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was D.
- The width of the door to the room is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The bed is 62cm (2ft) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 30cm (12in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are a small dining table, desk with clear knee space, kitchenette with knee space below the hob and sink and lower level storage. There are functional alarm cords beside the bed, desk, shower and toilet.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 200cm x 180cm (6ft 7in x 5ft 11in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip-down.
- The shower seat height is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is poor.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is fair.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms.
- Flashing fire alarms are in rooms.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- There is / are 0 accessible room(s) with a bath.
- There is / are 1 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do not have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There is an additional sitting room opposite Flat D available for all guests (photographs 11 and 12).