COVID-19 Information (University of Worcester)
- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- The University has enforced a ‘4 C’s’ approach to Covid-19 which is based around minimising crowds and close contact, while taking extra measures in confined spaces and extending the cleaning programme.
- There have been no access/exit changes to buildings.
- Hand sanitising stations and handwashing facilities have been installed in every building and outdoor area around the campus. Some of which are accessible for wheelchair users.
- All campus buildings have a keep left policy.
- Keep-left signs and floor markings have been introduced along with signage to guide people around the campuses and buildings.
- There are new design layouts in classrooms and facilities to support collaborative learning in a safer environment, this includes laboratories and specialist facilities such as our Clinical Skills Suites.
- Courses are timetabled in line with social distancing guidelines, so there will be fewer students in rooms than usual. The University has done this by making full use of the teaching day, including scheduling classes in the late afternoon and evening.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Accessible or shared toilets are single occupancy with locks.
- Additional outdoor seating areas have been created, which can be used for informal learning and socialising.
- There is an enhanced cleaning programme in place around campus, including a greater frequency of cleaning in commonly used areas in buildings, such as toilets.
- Students are required to wear a face covering when indoors. This covers all enclosed indoor class settings, including lectures, seminars, workshops and practical sessions.
- There is a one way system in the Conference Centre and In the Peirson Building .
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include :
G - Offices BNG001 - BNG011 1 - Offices BN1001 - BNG1011.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include The building contains staff offices. There are several other car parks available on the St John's Campus as well the ones detailed in this guide. Please see the separate guide for more details regarding parking on the campus.
- Related link St John's Campus Car Parks.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The St Johns Campus is a 1 mile walk from Worcester Foregate Street station.
Parking (Car Park G)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located between the Binyon Building and Edward Elgar.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 350cm x 440cm (11ft 6in x 14ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 36m (39yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 260cm (8ft 6in).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is for Blue Badge and permit holders only.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 176cm (5ft 9in) wide.
- One of the doors is left locked though it can be unlocked if neccessary. Meaning that usually there would be an ebtrance width of only 88cm.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are additional offices.
- The nearest accessible toilet is 9m from the main entrance of the Binyon Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located to the right as you enter.
- Unisex toilets are 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a similar toilet in the same location on the first floor.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The St John's campus has 3 assistance dog toilets, one to the side of Woodbury, one between the Thomas Telford Building and the Pershore block of the St John's Halls Standard Accommodation, and one between Bredon Building and Evesham block of the St Johns Halls Standard Accommodation.