Show Easy Read
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Charing Cross.
- The nearest underground station is Cowcaddens.
- Monday 07:00 - 00:00.
- Tuesday 07:00 - 00:00.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 00:00.
- Thursday 07:00 - 00:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 01:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 01:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 00:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Charing Cross Car Park.
- The car park is located off Elmbank Cresent.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Level Change (Elmbank Gardens)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of Charing Cross Subway Station.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located beyond the ramp.
- There is/are 4 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- There are 7 steps to access this level if coming from Bath Street.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 138cm (4ft 6in).
- There are similar doors to the left.
- There is stepped access to this area from Elmbank Gardens.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- The bar does serve food.
- Full table service is available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 102cm (3ft 4in).
- The standard height for tables is 71cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are not available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is not available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Children are welcomed in the bar area.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is a la carte.
- There are 3 medium height, clearly marked steps without handrails to access a raised seating area.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 26m (28yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 241cm (4ft 7in x 7ft 11in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is no dropdown rail for the toilet.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are not available for the toilet.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 104cm (3ft 5in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the rear of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Home visits / services are not available.