- Related link Beeston Castle - Visitor Centre.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Tarporely.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 32m (34yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The spaces reserved for Blue Badge holders are unmarked.
Outside Access (Visitor Centre to Castle Grounds and Woodlands)
- This information is for the entrance located leading out of the visitor centre.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
- The entrance can be opened to 180cm if required.
Castle Paths, Outer Ward and Woodlands
- There are two paths leading through the grounds up to the castle, both with easy, moderate and steep slopes along the route.
- There are also medium steps located along the paths.
The Castle - Inner Ward
- There is a steep ramp leading from the outer ward to the inner ward.
- Inside the inner ward the surface is grass and uneven in places.
- There are shallow, medium and deep steps to some areas.
Outside Access (Cafe)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Level Change (Cafe)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located in the grounds to the left of the main castle entrance.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- All tables are permanently fixed.
- All chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- The type of food served here is snacks and drinks.
- The cafe has outdoor seating only.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located next to the visitor centre.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 88cm (2ft 11in).
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the toilets.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- There is free entry into the castle and grounds for carers.