Show Easy Read
- Monday 07:00 - 20:30.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 20:30.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 20:30.
- Thursday 07:30 - 20:30.
- Friday 07:30 - 20:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Belvedere.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Belvedere.
- Brickwork is located on the ground floor of Block A.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 600cm x 240cm (19ft 8in x 7ft 10in).
- The nearest designated bay is 65m (71yd) from the main accessible entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user not at all.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The details here are for the 2 designated bays and 3 standard bays outside Block D.
- The main car park is located further down the hill, outside Block A. It is accessed by a steep slope or 15+ medium, well marked steps with a handrail on the right hand side going up.
- The car park is for staff only. Students must use on street parking.
Outside Access (A Block Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located facing block C.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- Students also sometimes enter the workshops directly through the large delivery access door on the short side of the building.
- This entrance is used by fork-lift trucks etc.
- There are steep slopes in the area of this entrance.
Level Change (A Block Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading down to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The steps to the left of the entrance do not connect to a path.
Outside Access (Brickwork Workshop Direct Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located from the driveway to the left of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 250cm (8ft 2in).
- There is a ramp/slope at this entrance.
- The ramp/slope is located on the driveway leading to the entrance and in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is steep.
- The ramp is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There are roller shutter doors at this entrance.
- When the shutters are open there is a hanging screen of plastic strips at the entrance.
- This entrance opens directly into the brickwork workshop.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G - Mezzanine.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- These stairs lead down to the toilets and the construction work shops from the entrance level.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located on the mezzanine floor, next to the entrance.
- The female toilets are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on the mezzanine floor, next to the entrance.
- The male toilets are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- There are fixed and drop down grab rails fitted in the female toilet.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The photograph shows the main campus car park, located outside Block A.