Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation services.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Bailrigg.
- The nearest mainline station is Lancaster.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located on Bowland Avenue East.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 470cm x 600cm (15ft 5in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 147m (160yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 163m (178yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- For more information on parking available on campus, please see the University Car Parking Policy.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, on Alexandra Square.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- This entrance gives access to flats 4, 5, 9 and 10, and family flats 16 and 17.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is not level access to the service.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-A-B-C-D.
- The stairs are located ahead as you enter the main entrance.
- The stairs are approximately 1m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- There are manual, heavy, single doors to access the stairwell from the first floor upwards.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are student accommodation.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.