Show Easy Read
- Monday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Thursday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Friday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Saturday 07:30 - 18:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 16:00.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in St. Albans.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is St. Albans City.
Outside Access (The Maltings Shopping Centre)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- This venue does play background music.
- Lighting levels are low.
Eating and Drinking
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is light snacks.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are LG-G.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the toilets.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- The accessible toilet is 12m (13yd) from the accessible entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left of the food counter.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 199cm x 150cm (6ft 6in x 4ft 11in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 58cm (1ft 11in).
- The tap type is lever.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 56cm (1ft 10in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
- There are baby changing facilities in the adapted toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located downstairs through the door on the right hand side.
- The female toilets are 25m (27yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located downstairs through the door on the right hand side.
- The male toilets are 25m (27yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- Staff are trained to take TypeTalk calls.