Show Easy Read
- The park has a fantastic play area which is ideal for family fun. Refurbished as part of the Playbuilder project it has some of the latest games and equipment for kids of all ages, includng a balance beam, climbing unit, combi climber, jumping platform, junior swings, nest swing, toddler swings, space net, springer, tower boulder and trampolines.
- With its ancient Ash, Beech and Oak woodlands, Dorridge Wood is an ideal environment for many animals. Carpeted with wildflowers too, children will love discovering nature in all its glory.
- With many park events through the year, including the annual Dorridge Day, organised walks and conservation days, Dorridge Park could be ideal for your next event too.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Dorridge.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located on Arden Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 330cm x 480cm (10ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 2m (2yd 7in) from the car park entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is open from 08.00.
- During summer (April - September) the car park closes between 20.00 and 21.00.
- During winter (October - March) the car park closes between 16.00 and 17.00.
Outside Access (Car Park Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in).
Outside Access (Grange Road / Beaconsfield Close Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Grange Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Grange Road / Beaconfield Close Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located beyond the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth, tarmac, gravel and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are easy and moderate slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Children's Play Area
- There are gates that open away from you and are 120cm wide to enter the play areas. The surface in the play areas is grass with soft landing mats around the equipment.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.