Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation in 4 houses - 6A, 6B, 6C and 6D.
- There is direct access to the St Johns Campus via the rear of these houses.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The St Johns Campus is a 1 mile walk from Worcester Foregate Street station.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the building, off Fern Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- A Permit is required to park here.
Outside Access (Fern Hall - 6C)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The door opening is 79cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- 6B, 6C and 6D are accessed via moderate ramps.
- 6A is accessed via a deep step.
Level Change (Fern Hall - 6C)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Other Floors (Fern Hall - 6C)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are 4 standard rooms and a shared bathroom.
Accommodation (Fern Hall)
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing alarms and Vibrating pillows are available.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The shared bathroom is on the first floor only.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- The St John's campus has 3 assistance dog toilets, one to the side of Woodbury, one between the Thomas Telford Building and the Pershore block of the St John's Halls Standard Accommodation, and one between Bredon Building and Evesham block of the St John's Halls Standard Accommodation.