Location of Room(s)
- The Great Hall is/are located near the lifts on the first floor of the College Building.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for College Building please click here (new tab).
The Great Hall
- There is clearly marked directional signage for the room.
- The corridor has a width of over 150cm.
- There is step free access to the room via platform lift.
- There are two entrances into the hall; one labeled "East" and one labeled "West".
- The door has a width of over 75cm.
- The door is manual.
- There is no hearing loop.
- There is no flashing fire alarm.
- There are two speaker's areas.
- The lower speaker's area is accessed by four deep steps with a handrail on the right.
- The higher area is accessed by 7 medium steps with a handrail to the left.
- There is some fixed furniture.
- The tables have a height of 67cm.
- There is not a height adjustable desk.
- There are no seats with armrests on both sides.
- There is a 150cm x 150cm turning space within the room.
- There are no trip hazards.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located between the first and second entrance doors of the Great Hall West Entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main lifts.
- The dimensions of the lift are 77cm x 90cm (2ft 6in x 2ft 11in).
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is a similar lift for the east entrance however this has dimensions of 94cm x 104cm.