Show Easy Read
- From the city centre follow the A4 towards Avonmouth. Having passed the Cathedral on your right and the At Bristol Science Centre on the left you reach a signal controlled roundabout. Take the second exit to Jacobs Wells Road then the first turning on the left (200m) Constitution Hill. Continue up the hill, bear right then turn right onto Lower Clifton Hill. Pass the main entrance to Clifton Hill House on your right. Follow the hill down to the gateway to Manor Hall on the left.
- There is a car park in front of the Hall with clearly marked spaces. Permits are required.
- The nearest bus route from the city centre is the number 8 to Victoria Square. From the bus stop walk down Clifton Road to Lower Clifton Hill (approx 600m). An alternative is routes 1, 2, 3, 3X, 4, 8, 9 or 16 (the University Bus) to Triangle West. The walking route from the bus stop is down Berkeley Place to Lower Clifton Hill. The gradients in this area are steep and not suitable for people with mobility difficulties.
- Nearest main line station is Bristol Temple Meads. The number 8 bus stops at the entrance to the station.
- To see more information on Accommodation Office please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 954 6640.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To see more information on Parking at Residences please click here (opens new tab).
- Email: email@example.com.
- To see more information on Disability Services please click here (opens new tab).
- Telephone Number: 0117 331 0444.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site/Campus Car Park
- The car park is located to the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- Designated Blue Badge parking bays are not available.
- There is/are 0 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within this car park.
Charges and Restrictions
- This car park can be used by staff permit holders and student permit holders.
Drop Off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point in this car park.
- This car park is clearly signposted from the main entrance.
- The Residential Halls have a parking permit system in place.
- Student Permits are free for Blue Badge holders (or where permission has been granted).
- Visitors with disabilities do not require a permit but must display their Blue Badge.
- For more information, please see the Parking at Residences webpage (link in Useful Information).
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- The card reader/lock is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double (with one leaf locked).
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a/are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located immediately beyond the entrance.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to access the entrance.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The desk/counter is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 0-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a landing.
- There are a number of staircases in the building as the site is steeply sloping. None have contrast markings and all have at least one handrail, but it varies as to which side of the steps.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are all the services and accommodation.
- There is no level or lift access to the building so none of the rooms are adapted.
- The accommodation is self catering and rooms have shared bathroom and kitchen facilities.
- None of the rooms is currently adapted for hearing or sight impairment but all rooms are spacious and bright.
Library and Junior Common Room
- There is a library for quiet study on the entrance level of the building.
- The Junior Common Room is on Floor 0, below the entrance level. There are bar facilities but food is not served here.
- The tables range from 45cm to 98cm with most being 69cm high. There is no lowered section to the bar.
Location and Access
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located adjacent to the bar on Floor 0.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 60m (65yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- In each corridor section there are shared bathroom and toilet facilities for the residents.