Show Easy Read
- The Medical Education Centre is located in an outbuilding within the hospital grounds.
- Monday 08:00 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:30.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:30.
- Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in West Bromwich.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Sandwell & Dudley.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 300cm x 500cm (9ft 10in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 22m (24yd 2in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrance .
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low height.
- The desk is generally staffed.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is a bell to attract attention.
- The bell is not at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Route finding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and non slip.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books on tape or disc.
- There is an ordering service.
- It takes approximately 3-7 days to process an order.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- Other computer auxiliary aids include a large monitor screen.
- There are designated spaces for wheelchair users.
- Designated seating is located on the bottom row.
- Wheelchairs are left with the patron.
- A companion may sit with you.
- Companions sit either side.
- It is 15m (16yd) from the designated seating area to the nearest accessible toilet.
- This venue does not provide audio described performances.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the hearing system.
- The rows suitable for hearing loops are all rows.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in the auditorium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off the main entrance foyer.
- The lift is 10m (32ft 10in) from main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 140cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located off the ground floor corridor.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from Main Reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is light.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 240cm x 290cm (7ft 10in x 9ft 6in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located on the first floor corridor.
- Unisex toilets are 20m (22yd) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio and different languages format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.