Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town or city.
- This venue is situated in Crofton Park.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Crofton Park.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times and opening times do vary depending on timetabling.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Brockley Road)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Brockley Road)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- There is / are 4 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- Wheelchair access can be organised by prior arrangement, through a double gated entrance, 270cm wide, via a sloping concrete side path.
- Please call the venue on 020 8692 5130 for further details.
- The reception desk is 5m (16ft 5in) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- Lighting levels are low.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is not level access to the service.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in the entrance hall.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 135cm (4ft 5in).
Restaurant Bar Internal
- The following information is for the bar.
- Once inside, there is level access to the service.
- Food is not available from the bar.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 69cm (2ft 3in).
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- The accessible toilet is 40m (44yd) from the accessible entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located in the corridor at the rear.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 275cm x 177cm (9ft 0in x 5ft 10in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The tap type is lever.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The sink is 78cm (2ft 7in) high.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are available.
- At the time of research the construction of the adapted toilet was almost complete: the emergency alarm and hand dryer were still to be fitted.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located near to the entrance.
- The female toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located off the dance hall.
- The male toilets are 20m (22yd) from the accessible entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.