Show Easy Read
- This Route starts at the main car park and runs to Wates House, via the Austin Pearce building and Blocks BB and BC. This route is approximately 330 meters long.
- Related link Austin Pearce Building (Block AP).
- Related link Alan Turing Building (Block BB).
- Related link James Joule Building (Block BC).
Main car park to Piazza
- If in the main car park, start on the path leaving the car park at its entrance. The Path has a slight slope leading back down towards the car park and has a tarmac surface which is uneven in places. Follow the windy path along the side of the road for 30 meters until coming to a zebra crossing. The crossing has a dropped kerb with tactile paving on either side. Once across the crossing, turn left and follow the path round to the bus stops. The path at this point has an uneven stone surface and has a slight gradient towards the road.
Pay and Display Car Park to Piazza
- If in the pay and display car park, begin up the path towards the Piazza. The path has a smooth tarmac surface and an easy gradient leading back down towards the car park. Follow the path round as it weaves towards the zebra crossing. The crossing has a dropped kerb with tactile paving on either side. Once across the crossing, turn left and follow the path round to the bus stops. The path at this point has an uneven stone surface and has a slight gradient towards the road.
Piazza to Austin Pearce Building
- Once at the Piazza, follow the path leading from the bus stop straight to the Austin Pearce building. The path is level and has a stone surface. Please see the Austin Pearce building access guide for more information.
Austin Pearce to the Road (past BB/BC)
- As you exit the Austin Pearce building at the rear entrance, turn right and follow the path along the side of the road. The path turns from block paving outside the Austin Pearce exit to a rough tarmac surface along the side of the road. As you come to the end of the path, turn left and begin to ascend the steep hill at the side of Block BC to the road. The surface of the path is a mixture of rough and smooth tarmac and its uneven in places and has a steep gradient. As you come to the top of the hill you will reach the road.
Road to teaching block
- As you come up to the road, turn right and carry along the path. The path is level and has a tarmac surface which in uneven in places. Follow the road along for 20 meters, until you come to a crossing. The crossing has a dropped kerb and tactile paving on either side. Once you have crossed the road follow the tarmac path along for another 25 meters, past the roundabout to another dropped kerb. Use the dropped kerb to cross the road to the teaching block. Follow the block paving path, which is uneven in some places, up the steep hill for 20 meters until coming to the end of the path.
Teaching block to Wates House
- Cross the road using the dropped kerb. One side of the crossing has tactile paving. Once across the road, begin to follow the tarmac path up the steep hill as it winds round towards the roundabout. Once at the roundabout, cross the road and begin to ascend the final steep hill. There is no path here so you will have to be on the road. The road has a smooth tarmac surface and a steep gradient leading all the way up to Wates house.