Show Easy Read
- This route plan covers the journey from 20 Kingsway to the New Academic Building via the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre. The journey is approximately 180 metres. For those without mobility difficulties it may take about 3 minutes to walk.
Ahead as you exit 20 Kingsway, cross the road over Portugal Street
- This crossing has tactile paving on both sides.
- The pavement is level with the road surface.
- The road surface consists of block paving.
- Be wary of two manhole covers on the road surface.
Turn right down Portugal Street
- There is uneven block paving on this section of the route.
- The path narrows slightly for approximately 5m due to a parking bay on the right hand side.
- Continue down Portugal Street with the Peacock Theatre on the left.
After 35 metres, turn left onto the pedestrianised area on Sheffield Street
- The pathway is generally level with some easy slopes.
- There is some benched seating available within the pedestrianised area.
- The Saw Swee Hock Student Centre entrance is approximately 32 metres along the path on the left hand side.
- Continue along Sheffield Street.
After 55 metres, turn left at the junction with Portsmouth Street
- The pathway at this section of the route has a easy slope from left to right.
- Continue along Portsmouth Street.
After 35 metres, cross the road at the crossing over Sardinia Street
- There is tactile on both sides of the crossing.
- There is an easy slope leading from the path to the road on both sides of the crossing.
- There is no kerb as the path meets the road on either side of the crossing.
- Immediately after crossing turn right past the large tree.
- There are uneven surfaces on the path around the tree.
Turn left onto New Academic Building Forecourt
- Immediately after passing the tree there is tactile paving across the path.
- Just beyond this to the left there is stepped access onto the New Academic Building forecourt.
- There are a total of three, clearly marked, moderate steps with handrails on both sides.
- For level access onto the forecourt continue down Lincoln's Inn Fields for a further 15 metres before turning left.
- The entrance is directly ahead from this point.