Show Easy Read
- This route plan covers the journey from 20 Kingsway to the New Academic Building via the Saw Swee Hock Student Centre.
- The journey is approximately 180 metres.
Ahead as you exit 20 Kingsway, cross the road over Portugal Street
- This crossing has tactile paving on both sides.
- The pavement is level with the road surface.
- The road surface consists of block paving.
- Be wary of two manhole covers on the road surface.
Continue along Kingsway to Sardinia Street
- After you cross Portugal Street, continue along the pavement passing the first and second 22 Kingsway building entrances.
- The path along here is mostly paving slabs with cobbled brick paving after 22 Kingsway.
- The path is even all the way. There are a few manhole covers as you reach Sardinia Street.
Sardinia Street to Sardinia Street Zebra Crossing
- When you reach the Sardinia Street crossing, turn right into Sardinia Street and continue along the path to the pedestrian zebra crossing.
- The path on Sardinia Street is mainly paving slabs and some cobbled brick sections. There is a long service road in the middle of the pathway which has a tarmac surface.
- The path is mostly level throughout.
Sardinia Street Zebra Crossing to Lincoln's Inn Fields
- As you reach the end of Sardinia Street, turn left to use the zebra crossing to Lincoln's Inn Fields. The crossing is level with tactile paving on both sides. As you cross, be wary of traffic on both sides of the road.
- After crossing, continue along the path Lincoln's Inn Fields and turn left into the forecourt of the entrance to the New Academic Building.
- Alternatively, after crossing you can use the 3 medium steps at the corner of Lincoln's Inn Fields to enter the forecourt.
Turn left onto New Academic Building Forecourt
- Immediately after passing the tree there is tactile paving across the path.
- Just beyond this to the left there is stepped access onto the New Academic Building forecourt.
- There are a total of three, clearly marked, moderate steps with handrails on both sides.
- For level access onto the forecourt continue down Lincoln's Inn Fields for a further 15 metres before turning left.
- The entrance is directly ahead from this point.