Show Easy Read
- Related link Cinema Car Park Access Guide.
- Related link London Borough of Bexley Civic Offices Access Guide.
- This guide describes a step-free walking route from the Cinema Car Park to the Civic Offices.
- The route is approximately 160m long.
- It may take 5 minutes to walk.
- If you have difficulty getting around it could take 10 minutes.
- There is one major road to cross.
- There is a pedestrian croassing.
Cinema Car Park
- The Blue Badge parking bays are on the ground floor of the car park at the front.
- From the upper levels, use the lift to reach the ground floor.
- Leave by the pedestrian exit next to the vehicle exit.
- Look out for moving vehicles.
- There is tactile paving as you leave the building.
- The pavement slopes slightly to the right.
- After 7m, the path meets The Broadway.
- Turn left onto the pavement.
- Walk along The Broadway.
- There is a Honda car showroom on your left.
- The pavement is level in this area.
Cross the car showroom driveway
- There are dropped kerbs where the driveway crosses the pavement.
- There is no tactile paving.
Continue along The Broadway
- Look out for signposts and bollards in the pavement.
- You will pass a restaurant and shop on your left.
- After 50m you will reach The Prince Albert Pub on the corner.
- From here you can see the Civic Offices ahead.
The Prince Albert Pub
- Turn left into Woolwich Road.
- The Civic Offices will be across the road on your right.
- Head towards the pedestrian crossing.
- There is an easy uphill slope on Woolwich Road.
Woolwich Road towards the pedestrian crossing
- Look out for an uneven section where the pub's cellar doors are set into the pavement.
- After 25m, carefully cross the entrance to the pub car park.
- The pavement dips slightly here.
- 5m after the entrance there is a pedestrian crossing.
Woolwich Road pedestrian crossing
- The crossing is in two sections with a refuge in the middle.
- Each section is controlled by separate push buttons and lights.
- There is not an audible announcer at this crossing.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at the crossing.
Far side of Woolwich Road pedestrian crossing
- Continue ahead for 3m towards the building.
Civic Office entrance ramp
- The ramp has a moderate slope.
- It is 13m long, with a landing half way up.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is a large level area at the top of the ramp.
- Turn left at the top of the ramp.
- The double doors open automatically.
- You have arrived at the Civic Offices.