Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include two labs (Physical Science and Biological and Junior Science) and two classrooms.
- Related link Education.
- Related link Lawrence Wing.
- The School of Educations Science Lab is located on the College of St Hild and St Bede site.
- Everything in this building is located on the first floor, accessed by the stairs only.
- The main School of Education building is located next to the College of St Hild and St Bede.
- There is also a Primary Science Lab in the Lawrence Wing, opposite this building.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Durham.
- The nearest mainline station is Durham.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- The stairs are located aead as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 1m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The stairs are located just inside the main entrance.
- The final 3 steps leading up to the toilets and classrooms do not have handrails (shown in photograph 2).
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the first floor to the left from the stairs.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.