Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include the Main Security Reception, the Head of Security Office, the Mail Room and the Car Park Permits Office.
- The Security Lodge is a first port of call for visitors to enquire where to go and where to park.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Central Campus.
- The nearest National Rail station is Lancaster.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Opening Times (Car Park Permits Office)
- Monday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 13:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- Security Reception is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Parking (Staff and Visitor Car park A)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the left of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 26m (28yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 87m (95yd 5in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the left of the building.
- There is limited parking available at the drop off point to the left of the venue.
- The time limit is 20 minutes.
- The closest Blue Badge bay does not have a dropped kerb on route.
- The furthest Blue Badge bays do have a dropped kerb on route.
- For more information on parking available on campus, please see the University Car Parking Policy.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 152cm (4ft 12in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance as you face it.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 5 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
Reception (Security Reception)
- The desk/counter is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There are 2 sofas in the reception area.
- The sofas each seat 2 people.
- The sofas do have arm rests.
- There is also a single seat.
- The single seat does not have arm rests.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Standard Toilet(s) (Staff Only)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located along the corridor opposite the entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.