Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include student accommodation in 4 blocks - Avon, Ledbury, Evesham and Pershore.
- There are several other car parks available on the St John's Campus as well the one detailed in this guide. Please see the separate guide for more details regarding parking on the campus.
- Related link St John's Campus Car Parks.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The St Johns Campus is a 1 mile walk from Worcester Foregate Street station.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the side of Ledbury Blocks.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 325cm x 510cm (10ft 8in x 16ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the Ledbury Flat 9.
- The furthest designated bay is 34m (37yd 7in) from the Ledbury Flat 9.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Flat 9 Ledbury)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building to the right.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are identical entrances into Ledbury flats 8 and 14.
- Access to standard flats in Avon and Ledbury blocks via single door 80cm wide and medium step.
- Evesham block is accessed via 2 medium steps and Persore block is accessed by 1 step.
Level Change (Flat 9 Ledbury)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up.
- Photographs 2 and 3 show the level changes outside flats 8 and 14.
- There is level access to the service.
- The lighting levels are varied.
Other Floors (Ledbury)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are the flats on floors 1 and 2.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 5 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- This information refers to Ledbury.
- The accessible facilities are located in the ground floor flats of the Ledbury Block.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number viewed was 9A.
- The width of the door to the room is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 120cm x 310cm (3ft 11in x 10ft 2in).
- The bed is 56cm (1ft 10in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 0cm ().
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are a height adjustable desk, plus an automatic door into the room (shown in photograph 1).
- Other accessible facilities available in the accommodation are a lowered sink and hob in the shared kitchen as well as automatic doors into the flat and the kitchen (photographs 2 - 4).
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 159cm x 240cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 10in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are twist/turn.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The shower seat height is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- There is / are 5 accessible room(s) with a wheel in shower.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- None of these rooms are accessed by platform lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are also 2 accessible rooms in both flats 8 and 14 with heavy inward opening manual doors.
- These do not have ensuite facilities but share a similar accessible bathroom.
- These flats also do not have push pad automatic doors leading into the kitchens.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- There are 2 assistance dog toilets available near the standard accommodation.
- One is to the side of Pershore and the other is in Car Park L between Evesham and Bredon.