Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Motion and Performance Centre - Laboratory, Seminar Room, offices and a computer area.
- There are several other car parks available on the St John's Campus as well the one detailed in this guide. Please see the separate guide for more details regarding parking on the campus.
- Related link St John's Campus Car Parks.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Worcester.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The St Johns Campus is a 1 mile walk from Worcester Foregate Street station.
Parking (Car Park F)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the Thomas Telford Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 320cm x 430cm (10ft 6in x 14ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the Thomas Telford main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the Thomas Telford main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is pay and display and permit holder parking.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 176cm (5ft 9in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 152cm (4ft 12in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The photgraphs show both the seminar room and Motion and Performance Laboratory.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located within the male accessible changing room.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is not a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 193cm x 193cm (6ft 4in x 6ft 4in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- As the door opens inwards into the cubicle the manoeuvring space is located in the changing area just beyond the toilet.
- This is accessed via a gap that is 90cm wide.
- There is a similar toilet within the female accessible changing room except the transfer space is on the left hand side.
Accessible Changing Room
- There is not a Changing Places facility available.
- There are accessible changing rooms available.
- The accessible changing rooms are located on the right hand side of the main corridor.
- The accessible changing room is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible changing room is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the motion and performance laboratory.
- The dimensions of the accessible changing room are 150cm x 200cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 7in).
- The facilities available in the accessible changing room are a wheel in shower.
- Other facilities available are accessible toilet.
- There is level access to the changing room.
- The shower has an adjustable head.
- There are no grab rails available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- There is an assistance dog toilet area located between Thomas Telford and Pershore.