Show Easy Read
- Training and Development is located in an outbuilding on the hospital site.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in West Bromwich.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Sandwell and Dudley.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 240cm x 482cm (7ft 10in x 15ft 10in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 60m (65yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 77m (84yd 7in) from the entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user not at all.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Training and Development Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the hospital site.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 138cm (4ft 6in) wide.
Level Change (Training and Development Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and non slip.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are training rooms and standard toilets.
- Adapted facilities are located on the ground floor of the main hospital building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the first floor.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio and different languages format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling tracking hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.