Show Easy Read
- The WRVS Coffee Shop is located on the ground floor of the hospital.
- Monday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Thursday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Friday 07:30 - 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Liverpool.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Liverpool Lime Street.
- Parking on the main hospital site is limited to staff and permit holders.
- There is some disabled parking on site but it is generally used by staff with the exception of the Diabetic Centre where outpatients of that facility can park if displaying a Blue Badge.
- It may be possible to drive onto the site to drop off disabled patients outside the side or rear entrances but this is at the discretion of security staff.
- There are drop-off areas outside the Main and Emergency Department Entrances and also outside the Linda McCartney and Education Centres, but vehicles must not be parked in these areas.
- Patients and visitors can park in the nearby secure Q-Park facility which is situated less than a 5 minute walk from the hospital and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The vehicle entrance to Q-Park is on Epworth Street (off Erskine Street).
- A pedestrian exit is available on the Prescot Road side of the car park.
- The car park has over 40 designated Blue Badge bays on level 1 and two additional bays on each of the other levels. The dimensions of the bays are 3.5m x 6.5 (11ft 5in x 21ft 3in).
- Parking charges are the same for Blue Badge holders.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1 metres (6ft 10in) at Q-Park so if you have a vehicle above this height please contact the Trust’s Security Team on 0151 706 2228 to make alternative arrangements.
- A shuttle bus services runs between the Q-Park car park and the Royal and Dental Hospitals.
- The bus runs on request and car park staff can radio for one to come within a few minutes.
Outside Access (Hospital Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the hospital, off Prescot Street.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in).
Outside Access (WRVS Coffee Shop Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the ground floor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is non slip.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the service counter.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 1m (3ft 3in) from the access point.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are not clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold snacks.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located along the corridor between the coffee shop and the hospital foyer.
- The nearest standard toilets are located along the corridor between the coffee shop and the hospital foyer.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance.