Show Easy Read
- If you would like more information about this venue or what to do in Lanarkshire, go to www.visitlanarkshire.com.
- The Rowans is a self catering holiday cottage located next to Rhuallan Raptors with a living room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom with a walk in shower and bath.
- Management of The Rowans receive disability and equality training.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Lanark.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
- There are 3 rooms in total.
- There are 2 standard ground floor rooms.
- There are 1 standard rooms on other floors.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some hotel rooms have no auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The hotel does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with guests in rooms.
Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- There are standard rooms on the ground floor.
- There is level access to ground floor rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There is two bedrooms on the ground floor and a basement room accessible via 12 steps with a handrail on the right. All the bedroom doors are 80cm in width and you turn a handle and push to enter.
- The bathroom has a walk-in shower and separate bath along with a toilet and sink.
- The door to access the bathroom opens away from you (push) and is single width (84cm)
- The facilities in the bathroom include a walk-in shower, bath, toilet and sink.
- The shower head is height adjustable and has low level controls.
- The height of the toilet seat is 47cm.
- There is not sufficent turning space for a wheelchair user.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B and G.
- There are 13 steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the garden outside the front door.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.