- Services / facilities within the building include a kitchen, main hall and meeting room for hire.
- There are several clubs held here:.
- Radio Club, Art Club, Morris Dancing Team, Subbeteo Club (table football) and Piano Club.
- The clubs are open for all ages.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Chingford.
- The nearest underground station is Buckhurst Hill.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located Friday Hill East.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are no marked bays for the parking on Friday Hill East.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located at the main entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is portable.
- Please contact any member of staff for use of the portable ramp.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on the event being held.
- Motorised scooters are welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 180cm (5ft 3in x 5ft 11in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an accessible toilet next to this toilet, (as shown in picture 2). The transfer space is to the right and the layout is the same.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.