- Services / facilities within the grounds include tennis courts, basketball courts, playground areas, the Ridgeway Park Model Railway, putting green, petanque, and outdoor table tennis.
- Except where otherwise stated, Waltham Forest parks are open each day all year round.
- The aim is to open locked parks by 09:00 each morning and close them at dusk.
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the area.
- This venue is situated in Chingford.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Chingford.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 630cm (11ft 10in x 20ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 40m (44yd) from the park entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 42m (46yd) from the park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Access Point (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the access point located on Wellington Avenue.
- There is an information board/map at this access point.
- There is step-free access at this access point.
- There is a gate which opens away from you (push).
- The gate is permanently held open.
- The width of the gap is 110cm.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have tarmac and concrete surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are slight and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- The tennis area has 6 floodlit outdoor tennis courts, 2 mini tennis courts and a multi-use games area.
- The courts are accessed via a single, heavy manual gate that opens away from you.
- There is a key code pad to the left of the gate at a height of 160cm to allow access.
- There is a slight slope leading up to this gate.
- Once inside there is a long corridor with a width of 90cm to access other courts. Halfway along there is a slight incline to reach the rear courts.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 310m (339yd 1in) from the park entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located within the park.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 91cm (2ft 12in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 130cm x 195cm (4ft 3in x 6ft 5in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 116cm (3ft 10in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are poor.
- The accessible toilet is only available when staff are on duty during the parks opening hours.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located within the park grounds.
- The female and male toilets are 300m (328yd) from the park entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.