Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
- Warwick Racecourse is ideally situated in the heart of England, with easy access from a number of main routes: M40 (Junction 15), M42, M5 and M6. It is located on Hampton Street which is just off the A429 as you enter Warwick town from Junction 15.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- The following Stagecoach Bus Services run on a regular daily basis: X17: Coventry – Leamington Spa – Warwick Hospital – Warwick - Chase Meadow - (alternately) Hampton Magna & Warwick Parkway Station 16: Stratford Upon Avon - Warwick - Warwick Hospital - Kenilworth - Coventry X18: Stratford Upon Avon - Wellesbourne - Barford - Warwick - Leamington - Coventry (via A46) G1: Warwick – Woodloes – Percy Estate - Leamington Spa - Whitnash - South Farm 68: Cubbington – Lillington – Stud Farm – Leamington Spa – Railway Station – Warwick Gates – Warwick – Hatton Park.
- For more information on Stagecoach Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Warwick Station and Warwick Parkway.
- Warwick Racecourse is served by two train stations, both operate on the Chiltern line which runs between London Marylebone and Birmingham Snow Hill. Warwick station is a short 20-minute walk from the racecourse, situated in the town just one mile away. Warwick Parkway can be found on the town’s outskirts, a short taxi ride from the racecourse.
- For more information on National Rail please click here (opens new tab).
- With prior permission, helicopters can land on the course on racedays only. Please contact the office on 01926 405 560 for further information.
- The Caravan Park is located opposite the racecourse.
- The Caravan park is accessed via crossing the racecourse.
- There is step free access throughout the Caravan Park, the surface varies between tarmac and grass.
- There are electrical points available next to the pitches.
- The caravan park is open on the majority of racedays.
- On bank holiday race meetings the Course Enclosure is located at the front of the Caravan Park.
Outside Access (Caravan Park Reception)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the reception building.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does/do contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 80cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
Reception (Caravan Park Reception)
- The reception point is located ahead on entering the reception building.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the reception point which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the reception point.
- The type of flooring in the reception area is carpet.
Accessible Toilet(s) (Caravan Park)
- There is an/are accessible toilet(s) for public use.
Location and Access
- The accessible toilet surveyed is for the sole use of disabled people.
- This accessible toilet is located next to the reception building.
- There is step-free access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the caravan park warden.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is heavy.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door has a horizontal grab rail.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 240cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 10in).
- The accessible toilet does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- The toilet has not got a non-slip floor.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- There is not a spatula type lever flush.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- There is not a flashing fire alarm beacon within the toilet.
- Disposal facilities are available in the toilet.
- There is a/are open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The height of the coat hook is 125cm from the floor.
Position of Fixtures
- There is a/are wall-mounted grab rail(s) available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rail(s) is/are on the right.
- There is not a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the transfer side.
- There is a horizontal wall-mounted grab rail on the opposite side of the seat to the transfer space.
- There is a mirror.
- The mirror is not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- There is a shelf next to the toilet.
- The shelf is not between 90cm and 100cm.
- The toilet has a backrest and a cistern.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a vertical wall-mounted grab rail on the left hand side of the wash basin.
- The wash basin tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- Taps have clear markings to indicate hot and cold settings.
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the soap dispenser is 75cm.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Accessible Shower (Caravan Park)
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located within the accessible toilet.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head, handrails and a shower chair.
- There is level access to the services from the accessible shower facilities.
Toilet and Shower Block
- The male and female toilet and shower blocks are located either side of the reception building.
- There is single width door into the block, the door is 75cm wide.
- There is a medium step at the entrance.
- There is step free access throughout.
- The toilets are operated by a push tap.
- There is a shallow step into the standard shower cubicles.
- The lighting levels are good.