- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some entrances have been marked as entry or exit only to facilitate one-way systems and bubble zones within the buildings.
- Anyone new to the College / visiting should only enter through Reception on each Campus.
- Some entrances / exits have been marked as either entry or exit only.
- Hand sanitiser is available at each entrance, and in public spaces throughout all buildings.
- Signage is abundant throughout the College reminding to socially distance and to keep left in corridors.
- Main Receptions desks have protective screens at all Campuses.
- Lifts have been restricted by keys - anyone needing to use a lift must ask at Reception on arrival; lifts are single occupancy or (+ carer) only.
- All toilets facilities are available - multi-cubicle facilities have been marked as single use / one-at-a-time only.
- Face Masks / Coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Those with recognised exceptions should wear their lanyard / request a lanyard at Reception.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 21:30.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 21:30.
- Friday 08:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Chippenham.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Chippenham.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 11 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 485cm x 595cm (15ft 11in x 19ft 6in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located opposite the main entrance.
- The College uses Parking Eye to manage the car parks. There is a 15 minute waiting time for visitors. If a visitor plans to be longer than 15 minutes they must register their car at reception. Students and staff register their vehicles for daily use.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The stairs referred to above are located in the main foyer (as shown in photograph 1)
- There are 3 additional staircases within the building.
- The staircase at the end of the corridor to the rear of the building located opposite the motor vehicle workshop, only accesses the ground and first floor (as shown in photograph 2).
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is 19m (20yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 145cm x 155cm (4ft 9in x 5ft 1in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There is a similar lift next to the lift described above (as shown in photograph 1).
Outside Access (Refectory)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor of the Chippenham Campus main building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
- There is a similar set of doors to the right of the doors mentioned above leading into the refectory/common room area.
Inside Access (Common Room)
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the common room.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are 2 pool tables, a gaming area, a shop and a seating area loctated within the student common room.
- The refectory and the student common room are located within the same room with no partition wall.
- The closest available accessible toilet is located on the first floor of the Chippenham Campus main Building. Please see relevant guide for more details.
- The closest available standard toilets are located on the first floor of the Chippenham Campus main Building. Please see relevant guide for more details.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive Deaf Awareness training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.