- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some entrances have been marked as entry or exit only to facilitate one-way systems and bubble zones within the buildings.
- Anyone new to the College / visiting should only enter through Reception on each Campus.
- Some entrances / exits have been marked as either entry or exit only.
- Hand sanitiser is available at each entrance, and in public spaces throughout all buildings.
- Signage is abundant throughout the College reminding to socially distance and to keep left in corridors.
- Main Receptions desks have protective screens at all Campuses.
- Lifts have been restricted by keys - anyone needing to use a lift must ask at Reception on arrival; lifts are single occupancy or (+ carer) only.
- All toilets facilities are available - multi-cubicle facilities have been marked as single use / one-at-a-time only.
- Face Masks / Coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Those with recognised exceptions should wear their lanyard / request a lanyard at Reception.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Lackham Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Chippenham.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 310cm x 500cm (10ft 2in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 50m (55yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 60m (66yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located on the path leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are S12 and S13.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- There is no lock for the toilet door.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 190cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 3in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 82cm (2ft 8in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 76cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located ahead as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.