- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some entrances have been marked as entry or exit only to facilitate one-way systems and bubble zones within the buildings.
- Anyone new to the College / visiting should only enter through Reception on each Campus.
- Some entrances / exits have been marked as either entry or exit only.
- Hand sanitiser is available at each entrance, and in public spaces throughout all buildings.
- Signage is abundant throughout the College reminding to socially distance and to keep left in corridors.
- Main Receptions desks have protective screens at all Campuses.
- Lifts have been restricted by keys - anyone needing to use a lift must ask at Reception on arrival; lifts are single occupancy or (+ carer) only.
- All toilets facilities are available - multi-cubicle facilities have been marked as single use / one-at-a-time only.
- Face Masks / Coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Those with recognised exceptions should wear their lanyard / request a lanyard at Reception.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Lackham Campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Chippenham.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 550cm x 400cm (18ft 1in x 13ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 22m (24yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 26m (28yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 92cm (3ft 0in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located either side of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the right as you enter the building.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 220cm x 200cm (7ft 3in x 6ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is tied up and out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 113cm (3ft 8in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.