- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some entrances have been marked as entry or exit only to facilitate one-way systems and bubble zones within the buildings.
- Anyone new to the College / visiting should only enter through Reception on each Campus.
- Some entrances / exits have been marked as either entry or exit only.
- Hand sanitiser is available at each entrance, and in public spaces throughout all buildings.
- Signage is abundant throughout the College reminding to socially distance and to keep left in corridors.
- Main Receptions desks have protective screens at all Campuses.
- Lifts have been restricted by keys - anyone needing to use a lift must ask at Reception on arrival; lifts are single occupancy or (+ carer) only.
- All toilets facilities are available - multi-cubicle facilities have been marked as single use / one-at-a-time only.
- Face Masks / Coverings must be worn in all public spaces. Those with recognised exceptions should wear their lanyard / request a lanyard at Reception.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located true.
- The car park is outside the Kennet Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 600cm (12ft 2in x 19ft 8in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The parking bays are used for Kennet Building, Farleigh Building, Iford Building and Deveril.
- The College uses Parking Eye to manage the car parks. There is a 15 minute waiting time for visitors. If a visitor plans to be longer than 15 minutes they must register their car at reception. Students and staff register their vehicles for daily use.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Trowbridge Campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Trowbridge.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
- The entrance is push pad controlled when entering and exiting the building.
- The push pads are at a height of 95cm outside and 112cm inside the building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- The lift is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 102cm x 140cm (3ft 4in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Route from Main Reception to the Iford Building via the Kennet Building Rear Entrance
- Visitors to the Iford Building who have parked at the Main Entrance to the College in the Ashton Building can follow the internal route to the Kennet Building rear entrance and on to the Iford Building. The route is approximately 200m in total.
Internal Route from Main Entrance to the Broughton Building (Ground Floor))
Internal Route from the Main Entrance to the Edington Building via the Broughton Building)
Internal Route from the Main Entrance to the Kennet Building via the Broughton and Edington Builings)
Kennet Building Rear Entrance to the Iford Building
- On leaving the Kennet Building turn left under the canopy and go straight ahead for 8m then turn right.
- Go straight ahead for 20m up the slight slope and the entrance to the Iford Building is on your right. The doors are push pad operated and open automatically towards you. The height of the push pad is 100cm.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the ground floor to the right hand side as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 340cm x 170cm (11ft 2in x 5ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 105cm (3ft 5in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the right hand side as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.