Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Trowbridge campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Trowbridge.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Related link Ashton Building.
- Related link Arc Theatre.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located in front of the Broughton Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 5 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 365cm x 610cm (11ft 12in x 20ft).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located to the right of the designated bays as you enter the car park.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are to be used for Edington, Broughton, Lacock and Ashton Buildings, Arc Theatre, Sports Hall, Students Common and Pegasus Food Court.
- The College uses Parking Eye to manage the car parks. There is a 15 minute waiting time for visitors. If a visitor plans to be longer than 15 minutes they must register their car at reception. Students and staff register their vehicles for daily use.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- The entrance is push pad controlled.
- The push pad is at a height of 70cm outside and 95cm inside the building.
- On the right of the accessible entrance is a set of revolving doors, 138cm wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Outside Access (Food Court Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the entrance foyer to Ashton Building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 128cm (4ft 2in) wide.
Outside Access (Arc Theatre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off the rear of Arc Theatre.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
Main Entrance to the Trowbridge Restaurant
- The distance from the main entrance to the Trowbridge Restaurant is approximately 50m.
- After entering the college via the main entrance proceed towards the reception desk and turn right.
- Go through the left hand doorway. There are double doors, 180cm in width that are held open by magnetic catches (these will close automatically in the event of fire).
- Immediately beyond the door the flooring changes from ceramic tile to carpet.
- Continue through the open 150cm wide doorway and immediately turn left through the Trowbridge Restaurant door (these are held open by magnetic catches). The flooring within the restaurant area is laminate.
- The Starbucks Coffee counter is straight ahead and the hot meal counter is to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the food court.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the refectory.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the food court entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Monday 08:30 - 20:00.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Thursday 08:30 - 20:00.
- Friday 08:30 - 15:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located in the Ashton Building.
- Please see the guide for Ashton Building for further details.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- The nearest standard male and female toilets are located at the rear of the Arc Theatre.
- Please see the guide for the Arc Theatre for further details.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.