- St Helen's is the oldest church in Worcester and has recently been awarded grant funding for a major refurbishment programme.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Worcester Foregate Street.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the side of the church.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in Fish Street.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately beyond the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played during services.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Level Change for Altar & Toilet Access
- Access is via a single medium step to the altar area (photograph 1), down a medium step to the lobby area (photograph 2) and then down a further shallow step in the doorway to the toilet (photograph 4).
- There is a slightly raised stone slab at the bottom of the step to the lobby (photograph 3).
- The floor in this area is a little uneven.
The High Street Pop-Up
- On Fridays, during term time St Helen's is open between 11:00 and 14:00 to visitors. There is information on the history of the church and coffee is served with donations requested.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located adjacent to the altar area, behind the kitchen.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.