Show Easy Read
- This guide gives parking information for the short stay car park and route information from the car park to the Terminal Building.
- There is also an alternative route to the nearest bus stop that may be more suitable for some users.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located off North Side Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 9 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 625cm (11ft 12in x 20ft 6in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- Tickets are given at the entry gate.
- There is a help button located on the ticket machine.
- The nearest parking bay is approximately 195 metres from the Depatures entrance and the furthest is 230 metres.
- There are access road crossings at either end of the strip of Blue Badge parking bays.
- The paystation is located on the pathway leading to the Terminal Building.
- There is a lowered paystation.
- The paystation is located on an easy ramp.
Blue Badge Bays To Access Road Crossing
- Access to the walkway is located at the end of the row of Blue Badge bays.
- There are two moderate slopes leading onto the walkway.
- The first slope is tarmac becoming block paving and then flag stones as you walk up the second slope.
- A paystation is located to the right.
- It has a lowered paystation and a wheelchair available.
- Continue straight ahead.
- The surface of the walkway is made up of flagstones that are uneven in places.
- The walkway is on a steep slope leading upwards.
- There are two marked pedestrian crossings on the walkway.
- The crossings have dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side.
- After the second crossing turn right and up the steep ramp leading to the access road crossing.
- The surface turns from flag stones to tarmac at the beginning of the ramp.
- The suface levels off at the top of the ramp before the crossing.
Access Road Crossing To Terminal Building
- The access road crossing has dropped kerbs on each side with tactile paving.
- After the crossing turn right and up the first of two steep ramps.
- The surface is now block paving.
- At the top of the first ramp turn left and go straight up the second ramp.
- Turn right towards the crossing over the bus pick up and drop off area.
- The suface levels out at the top of the ramp.
- The pedestrian crossing has dropped kerbs on either side with tactile paving.
- The surface becomes flagstones leading to the Departures entrance.
Alternative Route - Blue Badge Parking to Bus Stop E
- A bus can also be taken from Bus Stop E located in the long stay car park.
- This is accessed by going up the moderate slope and turning right on to the walkway from the Blue Badge bays.
- The surface of the walkway is made up of flagstones and is on a moderate slope leading down towards a pedestrian crossing.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs on each side with tactile paving.
- After the crossing the surface becomes tarmac.
- The path turns right and then left towards a crossing, then over the long stay bus route access road.
- The crossing is not marked.
- There is dropped kerbs on either side with no tactile paving.
- Bus Stop E has a help point.
- The bus stops are located within the long stay car park.
- There are regular buses to the terminal drop off point.
- Bus Stop E is the closest to the short stay Blue Badge bays.
- Bus Stop F is the closest to the premier car park Blue Badge bays.
- It is approximately 65 metres from the Blue Badge bays.
- The bus stop is accessed by a moderate slope.
- Seating is available.
- There is a help point located within the bus stop.
- The intercom is at a suitable height.