Getting Help and Assistance
- Bristol Airport Special Assistance please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- There is not a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- There is a changing places facility available in the Terminal Building, near the Arrivals Hall.
- The airport is located to the south of Bristol, located off the A38. The post code for the Airport is BS48 3DY.
- There are multiple parking options at the airport including short stay, multi storey and long stay.
- For more information on directions to the airport please click here (opens new tab).
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- For more information on Bus and Coach Services to the airport please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Bristol Temple Meads.
- The A1 bus service connects the station to the Airport.
- For more information on train services to Bristol and getting to the airport please click here (opens new tab).
- This guide gives parking information for the short stay car park and route information from the car park to the Terminal Building.
- There is also an alternative route to the nearest bus stop that may be more suitable for some users.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located off North Side Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 9 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 365cm x 625cm (11ft 12in x 20ft 6in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- Tickets are given at the entry gate.
- There is a help button located on the ticket machine.
- The nearest parking bay is approximately 195 metres from the Departures entrance and the furthest is 230 metres.
- There are access road crossings at either end of the strip of Blue Badge parking bays.
- The paystation is located on the pathway leading to the Terminal Building.
- There is a lowered paystation.
- The paystation is located on an easy ramp.
Blue Badge Bays To Access Road Crossing
- Access to the walkway is located at the end of the row of Blue Badge bays.
- There are two moderate slopes leading onto the walkway.
- The first slope is tarmac, turning to block paving, and then flag stones as you walk up the second slope.
- A pay station is located to the right.
- There is a lowered pay station and a wheelchair available.
- Continue straight ahead.
- The surface of the walkway is made up of flagstones that are uneven in places.
- The walkway is on a steep slope leading upwards.
- There are two marked pedestrian crossings on the walkway.
- The crossings have dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side.
- After the second crossing turn right and up the steep ramp leading to the access road crossing.
- The surface turns from flag stones to tarmac at the beginning of the ramp.
- The surface levels off at the top of the ramp before the crossing.
Access Road Crossing To Terminal Building
- The access road crossing has dropped kerbs on each side with tactile paving.
- After the crossing turn right and up the first of two steep ramps.
- The surface is now block paving.
- At the top of the first ramp turn left and go straight up the second ramp.
- Turn right towards the crossing over the bus pick up and drop off area.
- The surface levels out at the top of the ramp.
- The pedestrian crossing has dropped kerbs on either side with tactile paving.
- The surface becomes flagstones leading to the Departures entrance.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble Access Guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Terminal Building - Arrivals Hall link (new tab) - click here.
- Terminal Building - Check In link (new tab) - click here.