- Related linkhttps://www.accessable.co.uk/east-ayrshire-council/access-guides/kilmarnock-bus-station.
- Kilmarnock Bus Station and Changing Places toilet.
- Monday 10:00 - 15:30.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 15:30.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 15:30.
- Thursday 10:00 - 15:30.
- Friday 10:00 - 15:30.
- Saturday 09:00 - 14:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Kilmarnock.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 275cm x 500cm (9ft x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car parking area is for the use of Blue Badge holders.
- The car park may be closed during the planned demolition of the Foregate multi-story car park in 2022.
- There are also Blue Badge bays located opposite the venue, and in the Foregate (South) and Foregate (North) public car parks off James Shaw Crescent.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in Foregate Square.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 105cm.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Route maps are available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are not available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does have to be booked in advance.
- There is not a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- Walking aids are available.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible and standard toilets are situated in the Burns Mall Shopping Centre.
- The nearest Changing Places is located to the side of Shopmobility within Kilmarnock Bus Station.
- Please see the separate Detailed Access Guides for further information.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is normally on duty.
- Staff are trained to BSL level (unknown at time of research).