- Travelling by car is easy, we're just minutes off junction 6 of the M3 and have over 2,500 safe, secure car parking spaces directly above the shopping centre.
Festival Place is located in the centre of Basingstoke, off Festival Way.
- Festival Place has over 2,500 parking spaces.
The car park is divided into 5 zones Purple, Green, Orange, Yellow and Blue.
There is Blue Badge parking and parent and child parking in all zones.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- The Bus Station is located at Festival Place, with direct access from the entrance by the escalators near Next, and from our Restaurant area.
- For more information on buses in Basingstoke please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Basingstoke.
- Basingstoke Station is located in the heart of the town centre, just a 5 minute walk from Festival Place with fast and frequent trains from neighbouring towns.
Leave the station by the main exit and walk straight ahead, crossing the road, towards Sainsbury's.
Keep walking straight ahead, following the pedestrian walk way and you will find the Festival Place entrance in front of you.
- For more information on Basingstoke Station (National Rail) please click here (opens new tab).
- For information on getting here by car, bus or train please follow the link for Festival Place.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The designated place of safety is in the Customer Services Lounge.
- The venue offers a quiet shopping experience.
- Each Wednesday from 16:00 - 19:00 and each Saturday from 09:00 - 11:00, there will be a more relaxed environment for shoppers at Festival Place.
Centre music will be off within these hours, with participating retailers will be turning off their music in store.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Wheelchairs and Scooters can be hired from Shopmobility Basingstoke.
Shopmobility offers a range of wheelchairs and electric scooters for hire on a daily or part daily basis. Full training is offered.
Located adjacent to Festival Place, off Church Street, Shopmobility have their own car parking places.
Please call 01256 476 066 or log on to Shopmobility Basingstoke (opens in new tab).
- A selection of children's ear defenders can be found at our Customer Lounge.
Ear Defenders are available to use around the centre and conform to EN352-1 and CE marked.
- A Changing Places toilet can be found at the Discovery Centre, during the hours of Monday – Friday 8:30 to 18.30 Saturday 8:30 - 16.30
These facilities are open during the opening times of the Discovery Centre and include:
An adult-sized and height-adjustable changing bench.
A ceiling track hoist designed to be used with loop attachment slings.
A centrally placed toilet with room either side for carers.
- The information in this section was taken in June 2021.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- There may be queues outside specific stores within the centre.
- The following access points have been designed for entrance only and exit only; St John's, Clifton Walk, Bus Station, Festival Square and Wote Street. An example of the changes is shown in photographs 1, 2 and 3.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 110cm.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances and in toilet corridors.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There may be restrictions on the numbers of people allowed into the shopping centre at any one time.
- A one way system has been introduced to assist with social distancing. This is shown in photograph 7.
- Signage has been introduced to ensure people keep to the left in corridors and to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Floor markings have been added to assist with social distancing.
- There is a protective screen at the main reception desk.
- Toilets are available.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Staff available throughout the Centre for assistance.
- There is a face mask vending machine available next to Lloyds Bank.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For information about the Yellow Parking Zone please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Blue Parking Zone please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Orange Parking Zone please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Green Parking Zone please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Purple Parking Zone please click here (opens in new tab).