- The information in this section was taken in July 2022.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 105cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed across all areas of the Passenger Journey for Departures and Arrivals.
- Toilets are available.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Gates 1-8.
- Related link Baggage Reclaim.
- The International Arrivals route is usually via Gates 7 and 8.
Level Change (Gate 7/8 to Immigration)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access once inside.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Desks are 122cm in height.
- A portable hearing loop system could be provided on request.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
Accessible Toilet (Left Hand Transfer)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 65m (71yd 3in) from the International Arrivals entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the foot of the access ramp, to the left.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 185cm (5ft 3in x 6ft 1in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a soap dispenser.
- The soap dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are available within this accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 100cm (3ft 3in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.