- Related link Glasgow Prestwick Airport - Terminal Building and Arrivals Hall.
Outside Access (Security Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear right of the check-in area, to the right of the Information Centre.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) by sliding.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- The desk/counter is 1m (3ft 3in) from the Security Entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- The lighting levels are good.
Access and Circulation
- There is step-free access throughout the area.
- The type of flooring throughout is carpet and tiles.
- There is some flooring which includes patterns or colours which could be confusing or look like steps or holes to some people.
- There is some flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- There are no seats/chairs at regular intervals.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Wayfinding signage is not provided.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- At the security check area there is a scanner with ramped access which is 50cm wide.
An alternative scanner to the left, which is 77cm wide, was not in use at the time of survey.
Wheelchair users and others with mobility limitations have use of a 100cm wide gate to the right.
Level Change (Security Scanner)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 50cm (1ft 8in).
- Accessible Toilets are located in the landside area and in the Departure Lounge.
- Standard Toilets are located in the landside area and in the Departure Lounge.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.