Location of Room(s)
- GC/HR Revelstoke is located on the ground floor of Henriette Raphael Building. Down the ramp at the rear of the lobby, and then down steps off the corridor leading to the restaurant. There is a platform lift available leading down to GC/HR Revelstoke which bypasses the steps.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Henriette Raphael Building please click here (new tab).
Lift (GC/HR Revelstoke Platform Lift)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the entrance of GC/HR Revelstoke.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The weight limit for the lift is 225kg.
- The lift is approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 80cm x 126cm (2ft 7in x 4ft 2in).
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is moderate to good.
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is/are 5 medium height (11cm - 17cm) step(s) for access to the room(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have a handrail on the right leading in.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is step free access to the speaker's area at the front.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 69cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- The room does have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm.
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is a platform lift available leading down to GC/HR Revelstoke which bypasses the steps to enter the room.
The stage at the front of the room is accessed by a deep step with no handrails. This was not being used at the time of the survey (as shown in photograph 8).
All chairs are at a height of 46cm without armrests.