- Services / facilities within the grounds include The Drive Safari, public toilets in the main car park.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park - Oasis Restaurant.
- Related link Knowsley Safari Park - Sea Lion House.
- The Drive Safari is a vehicle experience only.
- For information on parking and general facilities please refer to the Knowsley Safari Park access guide.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Prescot or Eccleston Park.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
Park Entrance and Pay Booths
- On the approach to the venue there are the main pay booths and the reception office.
- There is a 4 lane vehicle entrance leading up to the pay booths .
- The height of the pay booths is 110cm.
- There is no hearing loop system at the pay booths.
- The reception office is to the left when you approach the pay booths.
Outside Access (Reception Office Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 89cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right has you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 140cm (4ft 7in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) has/have tactile paving at the top and bottom.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 17cm.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a second lower handrail.
Reception (Reception Office)
- The desk/counter is 3m (3yd 10in) from the reception entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
Outside Access (Drive Safari Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 700cm (22ft 12in).
- The Drive Safari starts when you pass the entrance.
- From this point you are required to close all your vehicle windows and stay inside the vehicle at all times.
- The Drive Safari is a vehicle only safari.
- When you enter the entrance gates there are cattle grids along the road.
- There is a one way traffic route in operation.
- There are 8 zones within the Drive Safari.
- There is a car friendly Monkey route if you wish to avoid this area.
- The route is over 5 miles long and takes approximately 1 hour to navigate.
- There are no toilets facilities until you leave this area.
- The nearest public toilets are to the right when you enter the main car park.
- You are welcome to travel around this route as many times as you like.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.