COVID-19 Information (Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Preston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Preston.
Parking (Car Park B)
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the hospital.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 440cm x 460cm (14ft 5in x 15ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main hospital entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 58m (63yd 1ft) from the main hospital entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located at the front of the main hospital entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
Parking Charges Update from the Trust
- Up to 30 minutes FREE
- Up to 1 hour £2.50
- Up to 2 hours £3.50
- Up to 4 hours £5.50
- Up to 6 hours £6.00
- Up to 8 hours £8.00
- More than 8 hours £10.00
- The same charges apply to both blue badge holders and other car park users at the majority of hospital trusts in the region.
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS):
- If you are referred to us for NHS treatment or diagnostic tests by your doctor, dentist or other health professional, you may be able to claim a refund of reasonable travel costs under the Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS).
- Free parking is also provided for cancer patients receiving regular treatment, renal patients, parents/guardians of children, intensive care visitors, and families of long stay patients. Exemption letters can be provided by ward managers and will be required when exiting the car parks.
- Dialysis patients can obtain a temporary car parking permit from the Dialysis Unit, allowing parking in the designated car park spaces allocated specifically for dialysis patients.
- Discounted seven day tickets are available to patients and visitors for £30. Information about discounted tickets is displayed at the pay stations and tickets can be purchased from the General Office at both hospitals.
- Drop off points are available on both hospital sites and are clearly signposted.
- Pay stations take both bank cards and cash.
- General Office hours are 09.00 – 16.30, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If you have a query or need advice about parking options and charges please contact :
- General Office, Chorley and South Ribble Hospital 01257 245661
- General Office, Royal Preston Hospital 01772 522528
- Car Parking Office, Royal Preston email [email protected]
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a low lever key card reader.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Wayfinding signage is available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is bright.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located just beyond the stairs.
- The lift is 8m (8yd 2ft) from main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1-2.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 150cm (3ft x 4ft).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There are 18 rooms in total.
- There are 6 standard ground floor rooms.
- There are 11 standard rooms on other floors.
- There are accessible ensuite facilities.
- There is / are 1 room(s) which has / have accessible ensuite facilities.
Location and Access
- The accessible room viewed is 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The room number or room name viewed was 105.
- The width of the door is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- The height of the bed is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 4cm (2in).
- Light switches are within 120cm from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- It is tied up and out of reach(higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- An adjoining room is not available.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed to stay with guests in accessible rooms.
- The width of the door to the ensuite is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The door opens by sliding.
- The door weight is light.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The dimensions of the accessible ensuite are 260cm x 260cm (8ft 6in x 8ft 6in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet, the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- The toilet seat is 44cm (1ft 5in) above floor level.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap for the sink.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available in the ensuite.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the ensuite.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head is adjustable.
- The shower control type is lever.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The flip down or fixed seat height is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There are handrails available.
Signage, colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- There is no additional signage on or near the hotel door.
- The colour contrast between the external hotel room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the external ensuite door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible ensuite
- The colour contrast between the internal ensuite door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the ensuite is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some hotel rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The available auxiliary aid(s) is(are) Teletext/subtitles.
- The number of accessible rooms with wheel in showers is 1.
Ground Floor Standard Rooms
- There are standard rooms on the ground floor.
- There is level access to ground floor rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Additional Info Health
- Disability awareness / equality training can be provided for hospital staff.
- Disability awareness training are provided for staff.
- The most commonly produced documents could be provided in other formats.
- Documents in Braille, large print, audio, different languages and voice recognition CD format can be requested.
- Assistance dogs are allowed in most areas of the hospital.
- Areas with a high risk from infection, such as intensive care and wards should be contacted in advance before accessing with assistance dogs.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Switchboard staff are Text Relay aware.
- Help with luggage is generally available for inpatients.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, wheelchairs, tri wheel walkers, shower chairs, commodes, walking sticks, walking frames, hoist slings, adjustable beds and crutches.
- There is not a charge for mobility aids.
- Children are welcomed at the venue.
- Portable hearing loops can be provided on request.
- A mobility scooter charging point is not available at the venue.