- Related link Danson Park.
- Related link Danson Stables.
- Related link Danson House.
- Danson Splash Park and playground are located in the centre of Danson Park next to the main car park.
- They are close to Danson House and to Danson Stables pub and restaurant.
- There is not hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Customer toilets are available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
Opening Times (Open May - September)
- The splash park and playground is opened at the same time as the main park gates, at 07:30 Monday - Friday and 09:00 weekends and bank holidays.
- Closing times range from 16:30 - 21:00.
- They relate to sunset and are changed weekly.
- Please see the Council website for full details.
- The car park, which is shared with Danson Stables pub and restaurant, is open later than these times.
- The playground toilets and kiosk are open from 10:00 - 18:00 in Summer (within British Summer Time), from 10:00 - 14:00 Winter weekdays and 10:00 - 15:30 Winter weekends.
- When these toilets are closed, the main park toilets next to the car park will be open.
- Staff will operate the water splash facility during the Summer and as weather permits.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Bexleyheath.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bexleyheath.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 460cm x 490cm (15ft 1in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 25m (27yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is additional car parking on the access road alongside the playground.
- When the car park is busy in the summer months, there is overflow parking opened up on the grassed area opposite the playground.
- Car parking is charged for on summer weekends.
- There is not level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Facilities include play equipment for children of all ages.
- Equipment which may be suitable for children with disabilities includes the water splash area and a supportive swing seat (harness not supplied).
- The water splash area has a smooth surface with easy slopes.
Level Change (Playground and Paths)
- The paths around the playground are generally of smooth tarmac with easy - moderate slopes.
- There is some localised unevenness where the tarmac meets the rubber play surface around some of the equipment.
- Some of the more challenging play equipment is set in grassed areas or on bark chippings enclosed by railway sleepers.
- There are sleeper steps to access the raised climbing frame.
Restaurant Bar Internal (Kiosk)
- All tables are permanently fixed.
- All chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- Menus are wall only.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold snacks, drinks and ice cream.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the right on entering the playground.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 86cm (2ft 10in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The toilet is flushed by a push button.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the right on entering the playground.
- The female and male toilets are 6m (19ft 8in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the male and female standard toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- There are a range of fixed bench seats around the playground, located on the tarmac surfaces.