- London City Airport is located in East London, in the Royal Docks, off the A1020.
- London City Airport offers 30 minutes of free parking to Blue Badge holders, please follow signs to the Pick Up Area. If you are being dropped off by car, a convenient place to do so is is the Drop Off Area in front of the Terminal building. London City Airport has an Onsite Car Park.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- There are bus stops directly next to the airport, Step-free wheelchair access is available on the buses serving the airport.
- The nearest DLR station is London City Airprot.
- The airport has it own DLR Station, there is step free access at the DLR station.
- For more information on London City Airport DLR Station please click here please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact from the information desk in the main concourse or by contacting any of the PRM (Special Assistance) staff.
- Passengers requiring assistance will be taken to aircraft using lifts to access the apron, buses to access the far gates, and stair climbers to access the aircraft. Passengers requiring assisted access are collected from the Priority Seating in the Departures Lounge by PRM staff. There are also wheelchairs available to help PRM staff assist passengers.
Airport Parking (Short Stay and Long Stay)
- The car park is located off Hartmann Road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height of the restriction barrier is 330cm (10ft 10in).
- The car park does have a barrier control system at the entrance.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 6 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 340cm x 510cm (11ft 2in x 16ft 9in).
- There is a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- The dimensions of other designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) vary in size.
Paying and Booking
- There are parking charges for the car park.
- Parking is not free for pick up and drop off.
- Payment signs are provided.
- Payment signs are located at the payment machines in the car park and at the payment machines in the building.
- Payment signs are clearly presented.
- Payment machines are located in the covered walkway or terminal building foyer.
- There is a payment machine at a convenient height for wheelchair users.
- There is a level turning space (minimum 185cm x 210cm) in front of the payment machine(s).
- For information about booking airport parking please click here.
Exiting the Car Park
- The car park does have a barrier control system at the exit.
- There is a touchscreen at the exit barrier.
- All the Blue Badge bays are located in the short-stay area, nearer to the terminal.
- Blue Badge holders receive a discount on parking when showing their badge at the information desk.
- There are also discounts available for pre-booking parking online.
Pick up and Drop Off Points
- There is a/are clearly marked pick up point(s) available and There is a/are clearly marked drop off point(s) available.
- The drop-off points(s) is/are located to the east of the terminal, off Hartmann Road.
- The pick up point(s) is/are located to the east of the terminal, off Hartmann Road.
- The route from the drop off point(s) to the check in hall/departure lounge is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The route from the arrivals lounge to the pick up point(s) is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The drop-off zone is between 33m and 84m from the car park entrance into the terminal building. Private cars and taxis may drop passengers off in the zone. Drivers are not permitted to leave their vehicles unattended. There is a member of the PRM (Passengers with Reduced Mobility) Assistance team on duty at the drop off zone to escort or wait with customers who require help. They are on duty within the terminal building and can be contacted upon arrival at the airline check-in or information desk Wheelchairs can be provided on request.
Route from the Car Park to the Terminal Building
- From the parking bays there is level access to the covered walkway.
- The walkway runs the full length of the car park.
- It is step free.
- There is a short slight slope on the slight between the car park and the drop-off zone.
- There are several push-button intercom help points in the covered walkway.
- The push button is within reach of a wheelchair user (103cm).
- The nearest one is 9m from the closest Blue Badge bay (26m from the furthest bay).
- These can be used for information or to request assistance such as a bringing a wheelchair to the parking area.
- For information about the Terminal Building please click here (opens in new tab)
- The nearest accessible and standard toilets are located within the Terminal building, 175m from the nearest Blue Badge parking bay.