- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- The main terminal can now only be accessed through the left hand door, (when facing the terminal from the DLR corridor). The middle door is the exit and the right hand door is closed.
- All customers are now required to enter the main building via a sectioned area in the pre-existing corridor to undergo a temperature testing process via a remote camera.
- Only customers and staff are allowed to enter the terminal. Therefore 'Track and Trace' is in operation.
- Automated hand sanitising stations are located across the airport.
- The Check-in area has a designated exit point.
- Signage is in place at Check-in, Security and at the Departure Gates.
- Protective screens have been installed at all Check-in desks, Customer Service desks, Security areas and Departure Gate desks.
- Urinals and hand washing facilities have restricted access to enable spacing for social distancing.
- Face masks are mandatory for anyone entering the airport terminal. Other than legal exceptions.
- The airport has achieved an Airport Health Accreditation award from the Airports Council International, as a COVID secure environment.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact from the information desk in the main concourse or by contacting any of the PRM (Special Assistance) staff.
- Passengers requiring assistance will be taken to aircraft using lifts to access the apron, buses to access the far gates, and stair climbers to access the aircraft. Passengers requiring assisted access are collected from the Priority Seating in the Departures Lounge by PRM staff. There are also wheelchairs available to help PRM staff assist passengers.
Immigration and Passport Control
Outside Access (Common Travel Area (CTA) Passenger Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located leading off the apron.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in) wide.
- The Common Travel Area (CTA) comprises of the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey.
- Passengers from Ireland and the Channel Isles do not need to pass through Immigration, so use this entrance to access International Baggage Reclaim directly.
Level Change (Common Travel Area (CTA) Passenger Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Outside Access (Entrance from Immigration)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the immigration area.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are 2 baggage carousels here.
- Both are 47cm high.
- There are information boards indicating which carousel serves which flight, and also DLR departures from London City Airport DLR station.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 43m (47yd 1in) from the entrance from Immigration.
- This accessible toilet is located in the far corner of the baggage reclaim hall from the entrance from Immigration.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 196cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 5in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 54cm (1ft 9in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the far corner from the entrance from Immigration.
- The female and male toilets are 46m (50yd 11in) from the entrance from Immigration.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the female standard toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The Customs exit is 147cm wide with no doors.
- This exit is 39 metres from the entrance from Immigration.
- Then there are two corridors, one for EU Arrivals and one for Nothing To Declare, leading to the exit to the Terminal Building.
Exit to the Terminal Building
- The exit is located at the end of both Customs corridors, and contains double automatic doors, 170cm wide, which open away from you.
- This exit is 18 metres from the customs exit.
- For information about the Terminal Building please click here (opens in new tab)
- The nearest accessible and standard toilets are located within the Terminal building, 175m from the nearest Blue Badge parking bay.