- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking.
- The main terminal can now only be accessed through the left hand door, (when facing the terminal from the DLR corridor). The middle door is the exit and the right hand door is closed.
- All customers are now required to enter the main building via a sectioned area in the pre-existing corridor to undergo a temperature testing process via a remote camera.
- Only customers and staff are allowed to enter the terminal. Therefore 'Track and Trace' is in operation.
- Automated hand sanitising stations are located across the airport.
- The Check-in area has a designated exit point.
- Signage is in place at Check-in, Security and at the Departure Gates.
- Protective screens have been installed at all Check-in desks, Customer Service desks, Security areas and Departure Gate desks.
- Urinals and hand washing facilities have restricted access to enable spacing for social distancing.
- Face masks are mandatory for anyone entering the airport terminal. Other than legal exceptions.
- The airport has achieved an Airport Health Accreditation award from the Airports Council International, as a COVID secure environment.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Tuesday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Wednesday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Thursday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Friday 07:00 - 21:30.
- Saturday 07:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 21:30.
Car Rental Services
- The airport car hire centre is located in a dethatched building to the right of the terminal building.
- Outside of the standard opening hours, car keys can be dropped off in the terminal building.
- There are a number of different rental companies operating from the Car Rental Services building.
Outside Access (Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located facing the airport drop-off point.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 147cm (4ft 10in) wide.
- The door opens by sliding.
Level Change (Centre Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Route finding signage is not available.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is tiles.
- The deep window ledge is 43cm high and could be used as a seat.
Counter (Car Hire Desks)
- There is level access to the counter from the entrance.
- The height of the counter is high.
- There is not a lowered section.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Each of the four car hire companies has its own identical counter.
Access to Hire Cars
- Customers would usually collect or drop off hired vechicles in the designated bays in the car park.
- At the time of our survey (April 2015), the Hertz and Europcar parking areas were located in the long-stay car park.
- These are over 200m+ away from the car hire centre, mostly on a level covered walkway.
- The Avis and Budget car pick up zones are located in front of the Terminal Building, near to the bus and taxi stands.
- There is no dropped kerb between the terminal and this area.
- There is also a further Europcar zone on the opposite side of Hartmann Road near the terminal.
- There is a pedestrian crossing with dropped kerbs and tactile paving in this location.
- Customers who require additional services, such as the hire vehicle being brought up to the car hire centre, are advised to make enquiries in advance.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the Terminal Building, 118m from the car hire centre entrance.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in the Terminal Building, 120m from the car hire centre entrance.
- For information about the Terminal Building please click here (opens in new tab)
- The nearest accessible and standard toilets are located within the Terminal building, 175m from the nearest Blue Badge parking bay.