About Blackpool and The Fylde College
B&FC is proud of the inclusive practice we provide together with an individualised, flexible and holistic approach to supporting all of our students, and ensuring physical and digital accessibility whatever the needs, requirements and preferences.
This is how we provide that perfect match of support:
- Physical accessibility to our sites is excellent – our campuses have been designed for everyone and have flexible resources.
- Digital accessibility is also excellent, for remote access or catch up and Blended Learning approaches.
- We have an acknowledged Inclusive ethos where we provide support for all students and treat all with respect and fairness, taking positive action and providing additional support where needed.
- A vast array of accessible digital and technological resources are available.
- We have a process to enable access for Registered Assistance dogs on site.
- B&FC’s dedicated and experienced Student Support and Wellbeing team provide support that is tailored to individual needs as appropriate, and liaise constantly with curriculum teams to best support individual student progress.
- We provide equal opportunities and assist students to reach their potential and help them to be the best they can be.
- Specific wrap around support, including financial support where eligible, is also offered for Care Leavers, Carers, and students who are estranged from their families.
- Dedicated support is also available if required for students questioning their gender identity or in the process of undergoing, or having completed, gender re-assignation.
- We are proud members of Lancashire LGBT – being awarded their ‘achieved’ status.
- We care about our students’ Wellbeing, Resilience and ‘Mental Wealth’ and provide appropriate support, including working with external agencies and the NHS to best support any needs.
- We can help you apply for financial support you may be eligible for, and regularly provide guidance and information around the process of Education Health and Care Plans for Further Education, and Disabled Students allowances for Higher Education.
- Email direct for more info: [email protected]